Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with iTunes

• Please log in to reply

wakedemons3

wakedemons3

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I just bought an ipod. First, when i plug in the ipod, it automatically puts all itunes songs on it, and ive only done it once just 5 minutes ago. im wondering if, when i get new songs, does it put all the old songs on again just to get the new couple of songs? And also, can I put songs directly from limewire to itunes?

Advertisements

bunz

bunz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't think it will automatically put songs on your ipod anymore, but that's how I've set up my preferences. But it shouldn't re-copy all the old songs one way or another.

That idea from downloading songs from limewire to your ipod would be a great idea, but no it won't. You can only download songs to a directory on your computer, and your ipod can't be a directory. But, if you have your ipod connected to your computer at the time and it does automatically upload songs to your ipod (which it doesn't for me like I said before), then it almost does what you're asking it to do, except it will still take up space on your computer.

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
You can change the ipod setup by plugging your ipod in and going to preferences, ipod