Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I beg you, help me! Website problem

• Please log in to reply

Amberlorg

Amberlorg

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Posted Image

From above, you can see that I am unable to access through some famous website login pages. This problem started around the Japan earthquake. I thought that after reformat my window operation might solve this problem; but it fails. I already ensure that my firewall and windows defender are closed. I have no antivir software installed cuz this is only done after reformating.

I have no idea of what is that trademark icon that I pinpointed out call.. so I totally have no idea where to start to find the solution. My last bet only depends on you clever guys. :D

I spelled Twitter wrongly into Tweeter. No offense :D

Edited by Amberlorg, 19 March 2011 - 10:30 PM.

Advertisements

sujit-agarwal

sujit-agarwal

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can you please tell me the names of some website you can access and the ones you cannot access and 1 screenshot of each type for better clarification.

Amberlorg

Amberlorg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well.. All the websites are accessible but when comes to the privateness pages like log in, member service, e-mails, they are just don't let me to view them so..

They all have a similar point which is the ICON TRADEMARK / SECURITY PROTECTION I meant from first post.. it just all vanished

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Amberlorg, 21 March 2011 - 01:03 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
The little picture dude that appears is called a favicon. It has nothing to do with security.

The only issue I see is that some website aren't loading. That could be for a number of reasons, however as you've formatted your PC and still have the same issue we can rule it out for now.

First things first, I would completely reset your modem/router to factory defaults and reconfigure it with your settings to connect back to the internet. Make sure you change the default login password to something secure.

After that I would point the finger at either DNS (speaking of which, try manually setting DNS in your router to something common such as 8.8.8.8) or your ISP (who should have technical support available to help you sort this out).