Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No power at all apart from flashing lights in mouse and keyboard

• Please log in to reply

ZombieTrev

ZombieTrev

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Bought the pc to a repair shop today as they said it was free to take a look at it. They immediately said that it was probably the power supply even before opening it up. They then opened it up and confirmed that it was the power supply and that it would cost £50 for the part and £35 for the fitting... I said I would think about it and get back to them but I'm thinking if it was just a loose wire then they may lie and say it was the power supply to get the money out of me...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,037 posts
If you have the PC at home send us the pics as planned and we can take it from there.
Not all shops are bad but £35 for swapping a PSU is extortionate at any rate.