Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No power at all apart from flashing lights in mouse and keyboard

• Please log in to reply

ZombieTrev

ZombieTrev

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Bought the pc to a repair shop today as they said it was free to take a look at it. They immediately said that it was probably the power supply even before opening it up. They then opened it up and confirmed that it was the power supply and that it would cost £50 for the part and £35 for the fitting... I said I would think about it and get back to them but I'm thinking if it was just a loose wire then they may lie and say it was the power supply to get the money out of me...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
If you have the PC at home send us the pics as planned and we can take it from there.
Not all shops are bad but £35 for swapping a PSU is extortionate at any rate.

valmiki

valmiki

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all. I bought a high spec custom build gaming pc mid 2010 and all was working perfectly but yesterday I moved house and when plugging it all back in and pressing the power button, nothing happens. The thing that seperates this from any other problem I've found in the forums is that the only lights that show any sign of life are the leds in the keyboard and mouse that flash intermitantly. There are various lights and fans and a led thing on the motherboard that lights up differnt codes telling you if everything is ok or not but none of that is working. If it was the power supply, would the mouse and keyboard still be getting any power? My thoughts are that something came loose during the move but I have taken the cover off and cant see anything loose or unplugged. I'm a bit of a noob though and probably don't even deserve a pc this awesome so I don't really know what I'm looking for. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. If you need any specific info just ask n I'll do my best. Cheers. Trevor

Hey man,

me to getting same problem from tommorow,

so how did the problem solved