Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Full Virus/Spyware scan freezes Vista. (AVG, Microsft Security, Avast,

• Please log in to reply

Nina G.

Nina G.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I've been trying to check my laptop since last week for viruses and malware but the scans just won't finish. I get stuck at 1-6% everytime I do full scans. Quick scans seem to work ok. The scans stop at different points but I noticed that a couple of them froze at Adobe Extension Manager files.

Ive tried a free Registry Scan and it confirmed that I have registry errors. I guess CC Cleaner and Advanced System Care can't really fix my issues.

I even tried CHCKDSK c: /f last night. At first it froze at stage 4 of 5 so I tried to do it again on Safe Mode but it would not go on safe mode so anyway, I ran it again on normal mode and it completed the check (3 of 3)-- no problems detected on C: (?!!)

So, please help, I just really dont want this to get any worse than it already is.

Thanks in advance,
Nina

Advertisements