Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Display

• Please log in to reply

CrystalTigerEyes2

CrystalTigerEyes2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: I dont really know whats wrong, but I can't change my screensaver, backgrounds, ect. Please help.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. What happens when you put your mouse on the monitor screen and right click? Do you get a menu with "properties" at the bottom? If you do, click on propertes and set it. If you don't, someting is wrong and I would bet it is malware....

And if that is the case work your way through the malware removal guide at the top of the forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum.

CrystalTigerEyes2

CrystalTigerEyes2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
When I right Click it does say 'properties' but if I click on it nothing happens. My mouse has a hourglass next to it for 2 seconds and then nothing.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Hi,

a couple things going on here...

This is a common problem when you are infected with a particular type of malware....the program alters your registry to prevent you from removing it...that is a symptom.

You are infected with malware

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.