Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Drive issue on XP, ISO's not running!

• Please log in to reply

Masonx77

Masonx77

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I went to run an iso through my Daemon tools lite program, and when I did the iso did not come run, and is not displaying in my virtual drive spaces.
At first I thought it may just be the iso, so I tried another iso that I've used before, but that too did not work, As far as I know there aren't any system blocks put on the programs to stop them from running. When I run Daemon tools, magic disk or magic iso they run fine, and when I mount an image the programs state that they've mounted but the iso does not run.

These are some of my system specs if this information helps;

OS - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
Processor - AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ Black Edition @ 2600 MHz
Motherboard - Asus M2NPV-VM
Memory - 2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM
BOIS - Phoenix Technologies LTD

And these are the Virtual Drive programs that I have access to on my system;

- Daemon Tools Lite ( This is my primary program, Most comfortable program to use )
- Magic iso ( Secondary program I use, moderate working of interface )
- Magic Disk ( Tertiary program, not familiar with interface )
- imgBurn <--( Know it well...Sadly, I have no burner...)

If any more information is needed at all, please contact me and I will provide ASAP. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. I thank everyone for their time and effort!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
did you make this iso? where did you obtain it?

Possible that the iso is corrupt.

You may also try this virtual drive software (what I use). http://www.slysoft.c...clonedrive.html

Masonx77

Masonx77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
so I've given slysoft a try and the same thing still happens. No iso will open and no virtual drive is shown under my computer (normally used to be labeled /E & F). Also I have made a few of my own iso's and some are back-ups of my hardcopy data I have. And I doubt it's a corrupt iso issue because some of the iso's I've tried are one's that I used before that worked perfectly fine.
I have also tried to create new virtual drives using daemon tools and magiciso and it says creating virtual drive, but once it's done they aren't showing, aren't accessible, same dead stop as every other alternative i've tried.
Would it be possible for there to be an error in the OS or the registry that is blocking use of the virtual drives? Something like an install that got slightly interrupted perhaps? May have been small enough to go by unnoticed because I tend to install and uninstall a lot of programs with my computer so I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility if it can have this type of effect.

Thanks for the reply starjax.

Edited by Masonx77, 30 March 2011 - 11:11 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if it has been a while since you last formated and reinstalled xp, then i might suggest that. A lot of cruft can build up over time causing weird issues to occur.

Masonx77

Masonx77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
yeah i'll have to give that a try, i have 300GB of data to back up first though -_- , I'mma have to free up a day or so lol.
I'll leave this topic up so more input can be tossed in, I hope the re-installation of XP works though. Thanks for the help