Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help me with this problem.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
hi. so its a long story hope you like to read..
So i have a travelmate7720 with xp.. well when i bought it.. soo it crashed one day and the it wouldnt boot up when to black screen with the blinking line in the corner... big paper wait for 3 months lol.. then my buddy brought home this cd called windows xp black.. or something like that.. so i put it in my computer and it wiped it clean and put it on... now i can use the internet and what not.. but i cant use games cuz it would just shut down every 5 mins and go to a blue screen with text on it.... so i restarted it and now after all that it says i dont have a video card.. i dont have the cd that came with this laptop cuz i moved alot.. i just want my computer to be back to when i bought it.. with the same windows xp i had when i bought it . how would i get the cd for wiping this thing clean again with the right cd to make my computer work so i can do everything.. like play games and do what i bought this computer for lol.. anyways if you know how to help me thank you

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
You can order recovery disk from the manufacturer.
Here https://secure.tx.ac...aspx?brand=acer is the website where you can find the disk you need.

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
thanks... but i put in my snid and it says recovery media is no longer available for the snid i have entered

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

then my buddy brought home this cd called windows xp black

Unless I am mistaken, which I do not think I am,
XP BLACK is a non legal edition.

If that is correct unfortunately this site cannot offer any further help.
Geeks to Go does not support or condone in any manner the use of illegal software.

The only advice is that already offered and if the recovery media is no longer available then you will have to install a legal XP. You can legally use the product key on the base of the laptop, but NOT with that XP Black.

I have in fact requested that the thread be closed.
However when you manage to obtain a legal copy of XP please do not hesitate to post again if you require help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Unless I am mistaken, which I do not think I am,
XP BLACK is a non legal edition.

:D
You are correct in your statement. XP Black is a hacked and illegal version for which we cannot offer assistance with. At this time you are running a illegal installation and would have to obtain a set of recovery disks as HFCG has advised or purchase a new XP OEM installation disks of the same version that was originally installed on your system... Home, Media or Pro. That information will be on the sticker located on the bottom of the system as indicated by Macboatmaster.

We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way stolen programs. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

This thread is closed for the above TOU violations. If you have any questions about the TOU please contact a Moderator or Admin for clarification.