Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound in Headphones, only speakers

• Please log in to reply

lveb78

lveb78

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Acer Aspire 5810T, bought it December 2009. It`s been the best computer I ever had...until now.

I dont get any sound in my headphones...only in the speakers. I`ve tried everything. Updating the drivers, updating my current OP, windows vista. Been in control panel, Hardware and sound...but still no changes. I Have Ubuntu (Linux) installed as well, and the headphones works perfect ! But im used to windows, so I would rather use that then Linux.

I thought it might be a Hardware problem, but since the headphones is working in Ubuntu, it cant be the sound-card or any hardware issues ?

I would appriciate any help I can get ! :D

Edited by lveb78, 25 March 2011 - 11:11 AM.

Advertisements

deathtoal2

deathtoal2

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Actually I believe its the driver. I had this problem too. It said speakers were headphones so my headphones didn't work. Go Figure.

Anyways I uninstalled the driver that windows 7 put in for me and installed an original updated driver from the official website.
I have a realtek HD audio card so I had to download that driver oof of the Realtek website
Now everything works for me

try downloading the original driver for yours
im not sure how I got to see the manufacturer of my card.
But I did manage to find out somehow.

Ill get back to you if I remember how to do this.