Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps restarting itself

• Please log in to reply

AnastasiaJ

AnastasiaJ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This morning I turned my computer on and tried to open itunes, i then got an error message saying that my itunes library was damaged, and immediately got the blue screen of death followed by a restart. Now every time i turn it on it boots normally, but after it's finished booting it lasts only a few seconds before i get the blue screen and it restarts. Also, as soon as i try to do anything, it restarts straight away. It loads properly in safe mode, i tried to remove itunes but i can't uninstall it in safe mode. help would be really appreciated :D

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Please tell us what error is mentioned on the blue screen. If that screen doesn't stay up long enough for you to read it you need to disable "automatic restart" so that the next blue screen you get will stay up until you decide to restart manually.

Control Panel >> System >> Advanced System Settings >> In the Startup & Recovery section click "Settings".
Untick "Automatically Restart" & click OK.

AnastasiaJ

AnastasiaJ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It says that a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to my computer. It happens as soon as I start trying to use any program at all.