Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

thanks for the help......

• Please log in to reply

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
you here at geekstogo... suck. im trying to say i dont want this [bleep] xp on my computer.. i was asking to get ride of such thing instead you act like [bleep]
and tell me your not going to help and delete the thread . you will probably do the same thing to this one... its not like im using the laptop to type this. i do have a desktop computer. so really where did i breach your terms of use?? by saying the words windows BLACK xp??? great i found out its something i shouldnt have.. why wont you help me get it off then if it is???

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There is no need for the language you are expressing. If you have a question I posted the steps to take and if you wanted to hear from me you could have simply pm'd me and I would have been happy to explain the situation.
First I explained once you have purchased the recovery cd's or a new Genuine Microsoft XP installation disk then we will be happy to help you. The topic is closed to prevent any further advice being given and to give you a chance to follow the steps that have been given.

and tell me your not going to help and delete the thread

Your topic was not deleted but closed instead.
We are not trying to be hard but only to explain that the topic was closed for the illegal software and any further advice given by a member or staff would only be to repeat the already stated steps.
Purchase a set of recovery disks from the manufacturer of the laptop or a new Microsoft XP installation disk. If you don't or can't find a OEM copy then simply buy a retail copy which will have a reg number with it and then start a new topic. We will then assist you with the format and fresh install along with the downloading of all drivers needed to bring your system back to working condition.

I see you cannot purchase the recovery cd's as you have checked into that already. This leaves only the purchase of a new Microsoft Windows XP installation disk from either Microsoft or a retail establishment. You can also check with online stores like NewEgg, TigerDirect and Amazon.
Also once you have gotten the above installation disk feel free to post back on this topic and I will be happy to assist you myself. You are welcome to pm me that you are ready and I will post back here for the steps to take to rid your system of everything and start over.

Note the colors of the mods and admin in the below statement as these are the ones who can explain anything I have failed to make clear for you.
If you have any questions about the TOU please contact a Moderator or Admin for clarification.

Edited by rshaffer61, 25 March 2011 - 09:43 PM.
Added additional information

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
ok. im sorry for my out burst. i did what you said and bought windows xp pro. i went to install it.. it started..turned off my computer started back up i put my password in. it started the install.. then all of asudden it went to a blue screen ... im guessing thats bad lol anyways. any idea on what to do ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Any information on the blue screen?
Should be a bunch of tech information but I'm most wanting to know what the message it gave as to what caused the error and the bug check code it gave.

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i wrote down...alil bit...
umm
0x0000007b ( 0xf7a56524 , 0xc0000034 ,0x00000000 , 0x00000000 ) that was at the bottom

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i did alil reading on that blue screen in the other post.. and also i should add.. when my games stopped working i tried downloading upgraded drivers.. i used radarsync pc updater. if that helps at all

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok lets start with the meaning of the error message.

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Being you said this:
i used radarsync pc updater. if that helps at all

One of the possible reasons for the error is this:
Installing incorrect device drivers when installing

I would say that is at least part of the reason for the issue. If you don't mind I would like to ask you something.
When you installed did you first delete the partition the OS was to be installed with, then format it using the NTFS option and then finally install to the newly created partition?

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
when i installed the other xp?? .. .. i couldnt even boot up my computer so we put that in and it kinda just installed itself... it wiped all the stuff i had installed on the factory one. i dont remember deleting partition..
what ever that may be.. what is that ?

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
also how much ram should the acer travelmate 7720 have?? cuz its telling me 0.99? is that right?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
In order for anything to be installed it has to have what is called a partition setup on it.
This is basically a start and a finish point on the hard drive for the OS to see the amount of total space it has to work with.
Even though your drive may be say a 500 gig drive it will never show all that because of the way space if figured in the computer industry.
Once you have a partition setup and formatted the OS will only see like 478 gigs of that partition as useable space. There is nothing wrong but only that is the way it has always been.
Once we get you back up and into windows I will show you the partition or partitions using compmgmt.msc which is a program windows has by default.
Now lets see what we can do with this right now. Will the system boot up at all into windows?
If not have you tried to boot into Safe Mode and if so are you getting the same BSOD issue there?

Advertisements

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
no no. it boots up into windows xp black.. it wont let me install the new one legal one... i have my laptop beside me.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK lets start from the very beginning then.

Go HERE for step by step instructions on how to partition, format, and install XP fresh

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I missed a step here.
Before doing the above you need to change the boot sequence in the bios so that the cdrom is the first boot device.
To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom.
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

Hopefully you have already put the XP cd in the drive before all this. If everything is setup correctly you will get a black screen with the following message in the upper left corner:

"Push Any Key To Boot To Cd". When you see this then push any key and the cd will take over. Then follow the prompts or if you need assistance we will help.

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
ok so. i did that and all it did is run the disk and bring it right to the blue screen..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you get the message to push any key to boot to the cd?