Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

thanks for the help......

• Please log in to reply

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
hey so i traded it in for the full version . and i got it to say press any key to boot from disk... and i did that. then again it starts.. and 5 seconds in it goes to the blue screen saying a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.. then blah blha blah and the technical info i gave before. any ideas?

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Try removing the RAM, one piece at a time, and try.

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
removing the ram... mite have to explain alil bit lol

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Which full version. please.

Removing ram.
Go to that link I sent you and look at the guide there for ram.- under the tab - document user manual

Turn the laptop upside down so that the hinges of the screen are away from you at the top.
From that edge the access panel to the memory is the smaller compartment lid to towards the centre of that edge.

CAUTION - disconnect the battery FIRST.
DO NOT TOUCH THE connections or the components on the ram, only the edges of the stick of ram.
CAREFULLY look at the ram and you will likely see two clips, one either side, holding in the ram.
If you ONLY have one stick of ram - obviously you cannot do as suggested.
You will see if you have two, that one lies under the other, you will see the edge of the underneath stick if you look carefully.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 27 March 2011 - 06:05 PM.

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
ok nvm i tryed it again and it says goes then gets to welcome to setup.... then i have a choice to set up windows xp now press enter... to repair a windows xp installation using recovery console.... (which im guessing its not that one) and to quit... so i press enter..and says setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.. and below that make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connexted to your computer....

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
windows xp..

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Proceed firstly as per 34 please I looked at the manual for you those are the instructions.for the ram.

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
o hahha didnt see that lol

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Houston this could be a problem. :D :D

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
rshaffer61
I saw that but thought that he may as well proceed with the ram, before checking to see if the drive is seen in BIOS.

Advertisements

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
ok so. i unscrewed the one you asked me to.. and i see this metal looking thing with the two black tabs that look like paper... do i take that thing out?

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i took the other bigger one off and there was the other one with the two tabs on the same side... its called hatachi global storage technologies .... would that be the ram??? if so then thats the only thing i see.. its pretty big about the size of my palm..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you take a picture of it and attach it to your next post please?

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
one more question... would this all be easyer if i just bought a new hard drive?

ogodhelpme

ogodhelpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
how do i do that? i did take a picture.