Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SCSI enclosure device

• Please log in to reply

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
hey guy's,

i got a question i got a LSI LOGIC SYM2200-FC SCSI enclosure device.
the following is the problem my HDD in my server crashed (single drive no backup).
so i had to rebuild the server for this thing its running on windows xp, like it was before but not the problem is my SCSI enclosures are detected by windows but windows doesn't have the drivers for it.
[attachment=48659:untitled.JPG]

so like i always do i call tech support of LSI so we go over all the number and stuff the guy comes back i have no idea what this is, it's looks like its a old system and we do not support this anymore
it was working so there are drivers for it but i can find them any where!
so i thought maybe one of you guys has a idea or even better has the drivers for this part
[attachment=48660:DSC00238.JPG]

any help would be welcome
thank you guys in advance!

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
The enclosure is not the issue, you need a driver for the scsi card that is in your machine. You need to determine the make of that card and then get the driver for it.

You should be able to go to the device manager and it should tell you about the device.

The first entry is the controller, that is what needs a driver.

Also, why is the fault light on the one device?

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

The enclosure is not the issue, you need a driver for the SCSI card that is in your machine. You need to determine the make of that card and then get the driver for it.

You should be able to go to the device manager and it should tell you about the device.

The first entry is the controller, that is what needs a driver.

Also, why is the fault light on the one device?

the controller card are installed on the machine, when i turn on the enclosure it asks for a driver. I'll have a look @ the cards when I'm on that PC.

The fault light is on because i had to take this picture while talking to LSI tech support, i had to unplug one of the power supply or else i couldn't get a good angle on it.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Ok, let us know what you find.