Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window Bluescreening

• Please log in to reply

alren

alren

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My windows is blue screening it was working fine for a month and then it started having this problem. I've attached the dump file hopefully one of you can make sense of it. I have run a mem test and it gets nothing. Let me know what you need ill be checking the site every 20 min or so.

Attached Files

Edited by alren, 26 March 2011 - 03:51 PM.

Advertisements

alren

alren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The system only seems to blue screen when i am playing video games i don't know if this will help you figure it out or not.

alren

alren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok i took out one of my ram sticks and it failed right away. I took that one out and put the other one in and it ran fine. I decided to see if it could be the specific slot that i plugged it into that was the problem and that seemed to be it. Im playing my games and it doesnt seem to crash. Is it possible that that could be the reason???

alren

alren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So far so good, it seems it might have been that one stick of ram. I read a few of the other posts and decided to try a few of those things and it seems this one is working. Thank you all SO MUCH!!! If you want to delete this thread it is fine with me THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If the one ram module is bad it really should have shown up on memtest86.
Have you tried to run memtest on each module individually?