Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copying iTunes from old desktop to new laptop

• Please log in to reply

mjkpucks

mjkpucks

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi,

I have an old desktop that I am ready to send off to be recycled except for one last program that I want to copy to my new laptop. Is there an easy way to copy iTunes in its entirety (including playlists and song ratings)to my new laptop? I will want to sync my iPod off the new laptop as well. Thanks.

Mike

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Sync the iPod to the desktop so that the iPod has all the music.
Install iTunes back to the new laptop and resync it. Everything should be there.

mjkpucks

mjkpucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have a 4gb Nano and there is not enough space in it for all the music stored on my desktop. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
USB flash drive
A couple of dvd's.
Purchase a External usb hd and copy everything to it. Then connect it to the laptop and copy everything to the laptop.
You could grab as many songs as you can on the Nano, transfer them over and then delete them from the nano and repeat till everything is moved over.