Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web Browsers

• Please log in to reply

John Johnson

John Johnson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Only Chrome works as a browser on my computer now. Internet Explorer, Firefox, even Safari, Opera and others, just freeze up when they start to open. Their frame appears, and an address shows up in the address line, but no page loads and they all just stop there.

I tried installing IE8, which supposedly took out the previous version, and I tried uninstalling Firefox. When I went to reinstall Firefox it told me my Firefox was current, before I did anything. I went ahead and downloaded and reinstalled anyway, but it didn't work. Just gets stuck like before.

I am afraid Chrome will go down and I won't have anything to work with.

Short of reformatting the drive and reinstalling everything, it seems like their ought to be a solution. I can find nothing in the Microsoft help forums, and I have spent hours trying to solve this problem.

Grateful for any tips.

Thanks.

John Johnson

Advertisements