Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black Boot-up screen with flashing white bar in left corner!

• Please log in to reply

Zack Back

Zack Back

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Geeks To-Go,
I have a issue with my laptop computer. My computer is a Eee PC Windows XP laptop by ASUS. the number on the bottum is: Eee PC 1005NA and the computer does NOT have a cd-rom drive.
After removing a virus with the Malwarebytes scanner, it told me to restart my computer for the virus to be fully removed. I proceeded to restart the computer, and when I began to reboot the computer. When it started, it showed the Eee PC blue screen and then the screen showing the Atheros sentence. After that it showed the black screen with the flashing white bar. I could do nothing from here but restart the computer again. I proceeded to and then the next time it DID NOT show the blue Eee PC screen or the Atheros sentence, but showed the black screen with white flashing bar in the corner. Every time I restarted the computer, it went straight to the black screen and flashing white bar. I need to know what I can do to fix this problem and at least get into windows. Please help me to the best of your ability, and I will be greatly appreciative.
Thanks, Zack Back

Advertisements