Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious Lag even after Recovery? EasyTech guys cleuless!

• Please log in to reply

petar86

petar86

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am desperate for some help and about to throw away my computer as it appears that nobody can discover the root of the problem ( i tried the EasyTech guys at Staples) and fix it. But before i do that, i wanted to give a shot to the pros on here, so here it is...from the beginning...this is on Vista btw

I accidentally pulled the power cord out of the computer. When i turned it back on, i noticed all my documents, programs, music files...etc were deleted. Along with this, clicking noise was present, and there was some serious lag when loading programs, installing or uninstalling things, opening internet...etc. There is no lag in moving the mouse or typing.
Clicking noise turned out to be the hard drive and a new one was installed. That solved the clicking problem.
Then, recovery was done (it lasted forever), and computer looked like new, except the issue with lag remains. EasyTech guys at Staples did a diagnostic twice and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I already spent $200 on it and don't feel like spending any more.
I hope u guys will have some suggestions; i will be eternally grateful for all ur help . Thank you in advance!!

Petar

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello petar86.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :D
:D ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

petar86

petar86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
rshaffer61, many many thx for your efforts!! :D

I did as you said so here is all the info i gathered.
The only issue i had was when i clicked on + and Sensor, nothing showed up. It was blank. So i right clicked on Sensor and got the quick report, maybe that helps.

Attached Files

Edited by petar86, 29 March 2011 - 01:47 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Got nothing for sensor readings.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.

Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

petar86

petar86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
In speedfan, my report is to the right of your example.
I also attached Auslogic Desc Defrag Report as i don't know how to read it.

Since it seems you are looking at the fans, i thought it might help to mention that prior to the incident (when i pulled the power cord out and everything got deleted and lag problem came in) my fan worked furiously whenever i looked at certain videos online or flash websites. The computer would shut itself off if i spent too much time on these sites or videos. The guys at EasyTech blew the dust off and i haven't had problems since. But there wasnt too much dust there and computer started doing that after a year or so.

Also, i brought this computer from them today. They said they installed some updates and it does run much better then before. However, the problem is still there, its just not as frequent.

Thank you again for all you are doing!!

Petar

Attached Thumbnails

• speedfan.jpg

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Auslogics report looks good. :D :D
Speedfan temps look good but no sensor readings.
Try this and let me know the results.

Motherboard Info:

Download SIW from HERE and get the Standalone English version
It will install itself and when finished

Then Click on SIW Icon to run program
On the left side click on the Motherboard directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply
On the left side click on the Sensors directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply

http://www.gtopala.c...w-download.html