Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't share or print on home network

• Please log in to reply

Joeyp

Joeyp

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Hey guys. I've had my desktop and laptop sharing files for over a year,and also printing from my laptop to the printer hooked up to the desktop through my Netgear router(WNR 1000). Just recently I haven't been able to do any of this and I don't know why. I haven't made any changes,it just stopped working. I noticed it first when I couldn't get the printer to work from my laptop,then I noticed I couldn't access the files on the desktop from the laptop,but I could access the files on the laptop from the desktop,but even that has stopped working. I've re-done all the network wizards on both computers,and re installed the printer drivers,but nothing works. It did start working for a short while,once I put the laptop closer to the desktop,but that doesn't work now. Any suggestions on what it could be? I've included a screenshot of what I get when I try to access the files on my laptop.

laptop is a Dell Latitude D620 running Windows XP Professional SP3
Desktop is emachines W3052 running Windows XP Home SP3

ScreenPrint.JPG

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
This is a problem for the networking experts here: http://www.geekstogo.../11-networking/