Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPod Touch issues!

• Please log in to reply

piercea56

piercea56

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, so I'm having a multitude of problems with my up-to-date iPod touch. I was using it a couple days ago when suddenly it restarted itself. Now, sometimes my iPod is a bit cranky, so I just turned it back on. When I turned it back on the wifi would not connect, so I restarted it manually. When i turned it back on again, it came up with a screen that was showing me to connect my iPod to my iTunes. I connected them, but iTunes did not start like normally. I started iTunes manually,it comes up with something along the lines of "iTunes cannot read the device "Alex". Please restore your iPod to it's original settings". Of course I did not want to do this but decided I better.

However, when I click "restore" a dialog box says "The iPod software update server could not be contacted". So then I go to the iTunes Store, a dialog box says iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection was refused."

So not only do I have a not-functioning iPod (because of its inability to restore), but I also have a not-functioning iTunes.

This is not a firewall problem. I have tried turning off my firewall and it makes no difference.

Also, my computer is recognizing my iPod, but iTunes isn't. Of course, my computer IS recognizing it as a camera, but I don't see the significance of that.

I have searched forums but cannot find a situation this.. err.. unique. So any help or ideas a all would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I'll do my best to help you, but keep in mind, I'm definitely no expert when it comes to these types of problems. :D

Lets see if we can get the iTunes connection working properly. That may allow you to restore the iPod and fix the problem.

Please follow these instructions to run the iTunes Diagnostics. Once completed, click on the "Copy to clipboard" button and paste the results in your next reply.