Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word to PDF issue

• Please log in to reply

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Thankyou Rediah.

As we all can see it was a simple fix that Rediah suggested and not a huge technological issue.

I think we all can learn that the obvious is probably the answer rather than going too deep and looking for workarounds. I said in the beginning it was probably a setting that needed to be changed but was poohoo'd and told to stop being stubborn. It took a newb to show the way.

That may be, but the fact remains that I have never had to go in an change or check that Option in all my life of using Word. How it would have changed for you is something we would never have known except for someone experiencing that problem before. The Option check is NOT something that would have been been a normal thing to check for the problem you were having, but I was trying to get the information out of you from the start as to what the extensions were on the images.

At least the problem is solved and thanks to everyone's efforts...not just one of us.

If you need the original images that were giving you problems, I can zipped them and attach them here. In fact, I could zip all your images used and attach them here. :D

Edited by AstraNut, 06 April 2011 - 09:36 AM.

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

except for someone experiencing that problem before

Hi AstraNut:

...just for the sake of correcting record, I have never faced this problem, the only reason for late response was I wanted to test it and I didn't have access to a system with Office 2007 installed

I also learned from this topic that transparent .png could create this kind of issue

Warm regards

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

except for someone experiencing that problem before

Hi AstraNut:

...just for the sake of correcting record, I have never faced this problem, the only reason for late response was I wanted to test it and I didn't have access to a system with Office 2007 installed

I also learned from this topic that transparent .png could create this kind of issue

Warm regards

I took the document, opened it in Word, and converted it to PDF here and had NO problem with the PNG image so it had to be something specific to the MS Office being used at the time. I just suspected a problem with the PNG, but couldn't get the information about image types until I converted the document to HTML and saw all images used. By then, your solution was posted. I never went in to check that option because it must have been set correctly since the doc to PDF performed flawlessly. Appreciate the heads up for next time.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
And for me after we found out word 2007 was being used I could not offer much help.

But I can tell you that I am using word 2000.
I do not have any option in the File/save as drop down for saving to a pdf.

I did take the file and did a File/print to CutePdf and it came out perfect.

So bottom line we needed all the correct parameters to isolate what was going on. This was not a clear "oh do this and it should work".

I, for 1 am glad that we were able to come to a resolution.

Ding dong.....I am sorry that you see the 2 programs being downloaded as being worthless. In reality they are not, and were not. We needed them in attempts to isolate the problem.

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello All:

Just to make things clear and easy - please refer to screeshot below, this is the default setting, however I prefer to keep Document properties unchecked

Posted Image