Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Welcome to Geeks to Go!

• Please log in to reply

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
On behalf of all of us on the Geeks to Go Team, we would like to say :D

We offer free computer help for various tech related categories such as Malware Removal, Hardware and Software support, Web hosting and website design help, as well as discussion about new games, software, and tech related news. Geeks to Go is also a place to obtain answers from other people who offer their support and expertise on a completely volunteer basis. It's a fun place where you can meet others with similar interests, or just hang out and learn something new every day. It's all about sharing -- what you know, and what you want to know. The Staff here are very friendly, and if you need to contact us about anything, our doors are always open.

To get started, please Register if you have not done so already so you will be able to access and enjoy all of the features and information we have to offer and to receive help. If you need help registering, you can follow our Tour which will walk you through the easy steps and will help get you set up in no time.

Once you have registered, make sure you read our Terms of Use (TOU). It is very important that you read and understand these rules so that you will be able to enjoy your stay here. Also, if you need an Administrator or Moderator at any time, you can find a list here.

Now that you are an official member of Geeks to Go, and now that you have read our rules, you are ready to explore our site. Feel free to have a look around at our various tech forums such as our Virus, Spyware, Malware removal, Hardware/Software support, Operating Systems support, gaming reviews, and much more. These forums are here for you to post if you have any issues or problems that you would like help with. Post a topic in the appropriate forum so we can assist you in resolving your issue.

Think your computer may be infected? You can post in our Virus, Spyware, Malware removal forum so our Malware Experts can assist you in diagnosing and cleaning up your computer. To start, please read our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide to learn how to receive help and what logs we will need from you so we can diagnose the problem more quickly and efficiently. We also offer Malware Removal Guides, that will show you the latest infections out there, what they do, and how you can remove them, and other How-To Guides.

Interested in learning how to fight malware? Please read our About Geek University – An Introduction to learn how you can sign up for our Geek University (GeekU) where you will learn from our dedicated Teachers how to remove malware.

To learn how to your computer may have gotten infected in the first place and how to better keep it protected please read these two tutorials:

The forums offer endless possibilities and information for you to better understand technology in a technology driver world and we hope to empower you with the tools necessary to be able to better understand that technology. We are also here if you have technology issues and need assistance, and will gladly help you resolve them.
Please check out our other Site Orientation and FAQ tutorials to help you get more familiar with the site and its features:

On behalf of all of us, again I want to welcome everyone to Geeks to Go, and hope you have an enjoyable stay here. :D

Advertisements

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Bump to bring to order.

hmum

hmum

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, have just joined to try to get rid of trojan opachki.ru which my nod32 has let through.... am using son's laptop so i need to download your OTL and put on my memory stick and put into my computer. have read your 3 minute guide, and clicked the green download button. I have the OTL icon on my son's taskbar but have no idea how to save it to son's desktop, so please advise! (from there I take it I can just copy it easily onto the memory stick...)
by the way, the email is his and operating info is mine as it's my computer i have problem with but it will not connect to send emails!
many thanks in advance

hmum

hmum

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am sorted. I contacted the maker of nod32 virus checker and they did it free. Turns out if was a false positive. And my ISP confirmed that they had a problem, hence my not being able to connect at that time. I had added 2 + 2 and made 5, by thinking that not being able to connect was a result of a virus.
So I do not need to proceed with your help, thanks. But if someone can make it clear on this website why the OTL “save or run” option window did not come up when I tried to download OTL, and how to proceed without it, that might be helpful for anyone else who has this happen to them.

All the best,
hmum

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is a question you should ask Render your malware tech. He is better certified to answer any question that have to do with any malware tools. We cannot give any malware support outside of the malware forum.
Before your malware topic is closed I would ask him and he may even be able to get the software author to come in and talk to you also.

Bob 919

Bob 919

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Following ANDY 9046 post about how to get my laptop vista to operate my HP printer wirelessly , in following the steps he posted im at the point where I need the EXACT NETWORKPATH and SHARE NAME of my printer, QUESTION is how do i find that info??

Edited by Bob 919, 13 December 2011 - 09:49 AM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Bob 919,

This thread is not to be used to ask for help. If you need help with a printer, then please start a new topic in this forum, and someone will be able to help you there.

Lorenzo Baltazar Perez

Lorenzo Baltazar Perez

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hello I have been a member since 2006. Today I logged in and the site is not letting me create a topic. Any ideas anyone?

Update: After posting this question it shows me as a new member. Odd, I have had this account since 2006. After it didn't let me create a topic I tried logging in with Facebook but I am still unable to create a topic. I haven't logged in for some time but the site did let me log in it just won't let me create a topic.

Edited by Lorenzo Baltazar Perez, 16 December 2011 - 09:40 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You are shown as a new member because you only have three posts - member title is based on number of posts, not how long you've been a member. Where are you trying to start a new topic? What part of the forum?

Lorenzo Baltazar Perez

Lorenzo Baltazar Perez

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I was able to post, thanks for the reply.

Advertisements

wizardofmann

wizardofmann

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hello to everyone. I would like to introduce myself to the Geek (Note the capital G) community here. I am not a Geek and that is why I have registered here. I am here solely to bleed the mind of every Geek who is willing to help me develop a horse racing bot (Excel VBA or even another code which is better) which I have been working on for over three years. I am not a technical person but have built and maintained all my computer equipment.

Back in April of this year, I employed the services of a VBA programmer who came highly recommended by a horse racing community forum. To cut a long story short, he mucked up (Which is the polite way of putting it!!) My bank account is now running on fumes and I need all the help I can get, as long as it does not cost me anything. All volunteers will be welcome, as long as they are real Geeks and not 'pretend' ones.

Nightfall

Nightfall

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

This is a very good thread to point all the new members (such as myself) in the right direction.

m3110w

m3110w

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

It seems that g2g registration does not require an email confirmation. Just curious why this is? Most forums require that an email address be confirmed.

Thanks, Kind Regards,

m3110w

m3110w

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

What does OTL stand for? Thanks,

Kind Regards,

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

What does OTL stand for? Thanks,

OTL - OldTimer ListIt, more about the tool here.