Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Used up my quota?

• Please log in to reply

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hello! At the bottom, where you add attachments, it says I have used 2.08MB of your 2MB upload quota.
Does this mean that I can never post another attachment?? I have been advised that I should add pictures when submitting tutorials . Do I have to use a program like photo bucket sense I have used up my quota??

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Now as far as the attachments let's see if I can help with that. Go to the top of this page and in the light blue bar toward the right you will see the words My Settings... Click My Settings
On the left side of the page scroll down till you find Manage Your Attachments and click on it.
On the new page you will see a list of all your attachments you have done since being on the board I suspect.
On the right side you will see You have 6 attachments (1% used) or something like this. Directly under that you will see a little box...Click it
Now lower down you will find the Delete Selected button....Click it
Now your attachment space should be free again.
Let me know if this helps out with attaching the file now.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hello sir!! I like attachments!! When I go to manage attachments, the bar at the top says I have used 100%. I see where I can delete them; but won't that screw up the posts that I have made. If someone clicks on one of my threads that had a attachment,it won't make sense to them!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope the attachment is already attached so it doesn't matter.
I clear mine out every month for the previous month.
The only ones you need to keep is the ones for the tutorial you are working on.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Nope the attachment is already attached so it doesn't matter.
I clear mine out every month for the previous month.
The only ones you need to keep is the ones for the tutorial you are working on.

Hello my friend! You are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome and hopefully you can now attach to your posts again. :D

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

You are welcome and hopefully you can now attach to your posts again. :D

Hello sir!! Yes I can but, I have checked all my threads and all my attachments are gone. I was afraid that would happen. I'm afraid I may have messed up big time!! Please advise. Thank you!!

Edited by garybear, 30 March 2011 - 10:21 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Members do have limited attachment space. If you need more, I recommend a third-party. One of my favs is http://imgur.com

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah but think about this. All the attachments you lost are for specific logs and or pics requested of you during the resolution of a topic. Do you really want them to be there for others to get?
I would not worry about it like I said the only one you have to worry about is what you are working on now.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I use picture trail for all my stuff. :D

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Members do have limited attachment space. If you need more, I recommend a third-party. One of my favs is http://imgur.com

Hello Sir!! I use Photo Bucket!
Thank you!

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Yeah but think about this. All the attachments you lost are for specific logs and or pics requested of you during the resolution of a topic. Do you really want them to be there for others to get?
I would not worry about it like I said the only one you have to worry about is what you are working on now.

Hello Sir!! OK, but my threads don't make sense without the screen shots. I just figured staff would holler at me.
I guess every thing is cool and that's the way I will do it as you suggested.
Thank you!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Glad we could help :D