Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Keeps crashing while on Facebook

• Please log in to reply

Moose78

Moose78

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
This just started within the last 3-5 days; I'll be on facebook and literally while scrolling up/down on the page, my computer will crash and I get the blue crash screen. I've checked to make sure my video drivers are up to date and they are. It is giving me the following code:

0x0000008E (0x0000005,0xB00D1A52, 0xB2570304, 0x0000000
nv4_disp.dll Address BD0D1A52 base at BD012000 date stamp 4227cla6

Any information would be most help and very much appreciated.

Jason

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
download and install WhoCrashed from http://www.resplende...ashedSetup.exe' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>here..
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

click on it...then run...then next...put a tick in accept...then next..put a tick in the don't create a start menu folder..then next...put a tick in create a desktop icon..then install.. then make sure there is a tick in launch whocrashed...then finish...then click Analyze ...

if you get a message
This software requires the right version of Windows Debugging Tools for your type of computer. Because this is not normally installed and is not redistributable, we suggest you select the download option from below. Then the right package will be downloaded to a temporary folder and the required files will be extracted from the package automatically. You only need to do this once
click on download then try running it again

WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. It may be that there are problems which prevent crash dumps from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
download VEW the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso from here and save it to your Desktop...
Double-click VEW.exe
Under 'Select log to query...put ticks in both application and system
Under 'Select type to list... select both error and critical
Click the radio button for 'Number of events...Type 5 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.

Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows XP in English
Report run at 01/04/2011 9:43:21 PM

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Application' Log - error Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 30/03/2011 10:04:54 PM
Type: error Category: 0
Event: 1000 Source: Application Error
Faulting application prism3d.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module p3core.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0003f4ee.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 27/03/2011 5:18:50 PM
Faulting application zmodeler2.exe, version 1.0.0.932, faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.2900.6072, fault address 0x00091b6f.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 27/03/2011 4:06:12 PM
Faulting application zmodeler2.exe, version 1.0.0.932, faulting module meshes.zmc, version 1.0.0.59, fault address 0x00020cf2.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 26/03/2011 4:16:56 PM
Faulting application prism3d.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module p3core.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000a155.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 26/03/2011 4:16:30 PM
Faulting application prism3d.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module p3core.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000a155.

'System' Log - error Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 01/04/2011 12:31:07 PM
Event: 7 Source: Cdrom
The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 28/03/2011 9:04:17 AM
Type: error Category: 6
Event: 16 Source: Windows Update Agent
Unable to Connect: Windows is unable to connect to the automatic updates service and therefore cannot download and install updates according to the set schedule. Windows will continue to try to establish a connection.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 17/05/2004 12:21:14 AM
Event: 34 Source: W32Time
The time service has detected that the system time needs to be changed by +216540190 seconds. The time service will not change the system time by more than +54000 seconds. Verify that your time and time zone are correct, and that the time source time.nist.gov (ntp.m|0x1|192.168.2.2:123->192.43.244.18:123) is working properly.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 17/05/2004 12:20:43 AM
Event: 7 Source: Cdrom
The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 17/05/2004 12:20:38 AM
Event: 1002 Source: Dhcp
The IP address lease 192.168.2.2 for the Network Card with network address 001111632063 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.2.10 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first...set your computers time to the correct time...use your cell phone to get the correct time...you will not be able to get windows updates if your off to much
as for zmodeler2.exe and prism3d.exe...they are apps you downloaded for some game...
hopefully this is a legit download and not one you got thru a P2P site...
you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game/s

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Game and modeling program are legit, bought and paid for :D But it's not crashing while I'm playing the game or using the modeling program, it happens literally while I'm scrolling up/down on facebook; as long as I don't go to fb, no crash, no problems, but as soon as I go there or shortly thereafter and I begin scrolling.....it crashes and gives me those messages. I also did windows update last night and installed several updates, one was for my graphics card display, but the issue persists as I went to fb to test it out and to see if the updates fixed whatever issue there is and it crashed within two minutes. The clock is set to the correct time as well, not sure why the log came out as such?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
OK...
Bad computer memory is one of the three main reasons for random system failures.. the other two are heat (usually caused by fans or heatsinks being blocked with dust) or power issues...

first...lets make sure its not your memory going bad...get memtest + here....
the lowdown is here..
get the 2nd one down and burn the ISO file to a cd and then boot it from the cd drive...

if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files go here and get burncdcc ..a small FAST no frills iso
burning program...

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start by clicking on BurnCDCC.exe
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its memtest86.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start

make sure in the bios the cd drive is the first boot device....put the cd in the cd drive..boot your computer....
let memtest run for at least 3 hours...if it starts showing any errors during that time then you will have to replace the RAM...no errors after 3 hours just press Esc to end the tests and we will try some other tests..

go here and get everest home...install and launch it...click the + by computer...click on sensor...get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I've not had a chance to check the memory, will do it later this evening and try to post results before going to bed tonight; however, here is the screen:
Posted Image

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here and get SpeedFan...
run it ...post a screenshot

Advertisements

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Posted Image

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
It did show a couple errors; is there a way to run a report and post that? Also, is there a way to tell which stick needs replaced?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first unplug from the wall and if its a laptop remove the battery...
remove 1 stick of ram and run memtest for 3 hours...swap that stick out and test the other/s one at a time until you find the bad part...you MUST replace the bad stick even if it only shows 1 error..replace it with the exact same brand and model...mixing brarnds is bad practice even though it will sometimes work...it will more often than not cause system instability...

islandcat

islandcat

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
K same thing happening here. What you are recommending is a little beyone me but I did use Diskeeper and everything appeared okay. This is a fairly unused computer, but cant say for sure but will watch for it, seems to me it may be facebook too that it happens. Just quietly shuts it self off. When I turned it back on yesterday did notice the fan was quite noisy. Will try cleaning again. But dont know what else to do. Electrical is fine. There is no pattern, fine for a week than happens couple days in a row. Help please.

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

first unplug from the wall and if its a laptop remove the battery...
remove 1 stick of ram and run memtest for 3 hours...swap that stick out and test the other/s one at a time until you find the bad part...you MUST replace the bad stick even if it only shows 1 error..replace it with the exact same brand and model...mixing brarnds is bad practice even though it will sometimes work...it will more often than not cause system instability...

It's strange, I downloaded a similar program from windows and the memory checked out ok on several normal test passes as well as on one extended pass. I let it run overnight and it found a couple errors; I've since cleaned the inside of the pc extensively (was well overdue actually), I also now have the pc on a stand so it is not on the carpeted floor contracting so much dust. I've not had it crash since, but it did one time prior to the cleaning (on nVidia's website. I've also changed graphics card (not because of this issue) and bought a new mouse as well. I'm hesitant to go onto Facebook as I've read/heard of others having similar issues. I will try it though, just to see what happens. Is there anyway to run a report in memtest?

Also, is there any known viruses currently linked to Facebook?

Edited by Moose78, 06 April 2011 - 04:36 PM.