Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Arrival Mails Back-up ?

• Please log in to reply

sachdeva.amit

sachdeva.amit

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Can any one Please describe the process for back-up of all arrival mails in the OUTLOOK 2007?

I want all my arrival mails to be received in the Inbox of my default Mailbox and in the Backup PST as well.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Not sure what your problem is. When you export to a PST file, that file contains All your email folders and all the messages within those folders.

sachdeva.amit

sachdeva.amit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Recently i got an important mail and accidentally deleted that mail. I'm asking if there's any way out to keep a copy of all arrival mails in some other PST as they arrive in my default Inbox (if any).

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Yes there is. If you want to create a PST backup just for your "Inbox", select just the "Inbox" folder when you go through the PST export process instead of selecting all the folders. Call this backup file INBOX.PST so you know exactly what it contains.

Open Outlook, go to File >> Import & Export.
Export to a file.
Select 'PST' as the file type & click 'next'.
You should now see "Select the folder to export from", that's where you select only the 'Inbox' folder (highlight it with left-click).

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 03 April 2011 - 08:01 AM.

sachdeva.amit

sachdeva.amit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks a lot.. That solves half of my problem.. Is there any settings which automatically takes back up when a mail is received. Because the procedure you have told me takes back up only when i follow it.. If there's any way to take back up when any mail is received, please share it as well...!