Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Help Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

TechyMom5

TechyMom5

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi there!

OK...I am having serious problems with my computer right now and I just cant figure out what to do. I really need help ASAP as I will be starting training for a new job on Monday April, 4, 2011 and its all done via the computer. I initally had Windows Vista 32 bit home basic on my laptop and then upgraded to Windows 7 home premium. Everything worked great with no problems windows updates worked great and all all of a sudden now I cannot run windows update. I called microsoft they had me reinstall the windows 7 and now I get following message-->

"Windows setup could not configure windows setup to run on this computer's hardware"

I've done some research to see if its an actual hardware issue and read that it could be my BIOS and SATA need some update/configure. Non the less I went to Dell's webiste and tried to upgrade the BIOS from there as my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1525 and it wont work. I really need to get my computer up and running really soon I cant have any issues while doing this training. I'm asking to see if someone can help me REAL SOON PLEASE, I'm really stressed right now that I can't figure out what is wrong with my computer. Thanks in advance for any and all help you can provide.

Advertisements

TechyMom5

TechyMom5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi there!

I just wanted to make a note that I was able to get my issue all squared away. I ended up having to do a full reinstallation of Windows Vista and then reinstall all the drivers and then do windows upgrades to bring Vista back to speed and then install the Windows 7 upgrade along with ALL the updates that needed to bring Windows 7 up to speed. It was a Looonnng day of messing around with my computer but happy with the results. Thanks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for updating us with your resolution. I apologize for you not being able to getting any assistance but we have been very busy lately.
Again I am happy you were able to resolve your issue. :D