Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Would love some help please

• Please log in to reply

Capcom

Capcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thanks for all your help and inputs and i have been watching countless hours on youtube on how to build a computer from scratch I'm not alone in this my cousin will be helping me since he has experience in building comps. i just didn't want to bother him with what to get. XD i have everything i want except the board.
http://www.newegg.ca...1-703-_-Product

i was thinking of getting this one.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you taken a look at this topic HEREwritten by one of our very own Tech Staff members Troy? :D
One of the best tutorials I have seen in a long time. It includes step by step instructions with pictures to help guide you in a successful build of your new system. :D

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Yes to the ASUS P8P67 PRO, I think a better choice than the MSI.

Please post your final specs so we can give it a final eye ball.

Capcom

Capcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yes i have it was the first thing i looked at when i joined this forum it's a very good tutorial :D

Capcom

Capcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
OK so my build is getting there a few more tweaks and it should be done here's what i have so far.

ASUS P8P67 PRO (mobo is sold out ATM)

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive ( i feel as though 500gb is good enough because i have a 1tb external HHD working solid for almost 2yrs)

SAPPHIRE 100312SR Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity ( i play on getting two of these)

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 ...

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler Intel Core i7 compatible ( a better heat sink)

Please feel free to replace anything with a better part I'm open to opinions. :D

I'm at $1,114.91 excluding the MOBO i'm comfortable with this build my biggest issue aside from the mobo is a really good Graphic Card for gaming.

Edited by Capcom, 10 April 2011 - 02:25 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
I would swap the PSU to the Corsair CMPSU-750HX 750W. Slightly better performance, more efficient, modular. > http://www.newegg.co...6^17-139-006-TS

If you use an external HDD enclosure for DATA you will adversly effect performance as Data will be transfered by USB.

The better option would be.

Install the new drive for the OS. mOVE THE mY dOCS FOLDER TO THE 1

Capcom

Capcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ok i will swap the psu other than that everything seems ok? And i was wondering if i could go dual video cards on this mobo, at a later point

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
[

other than that everything seems ok?

Did you note my comments about HDD configuration?

everything else is OK to go.

And i was wondering if i could go dual video cards on this mobo,

Yes. I would monitor the temps for a while and if necessary turn the fans up or install an extra one.

Capcom

Capcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yes i did read what u said about the HDD 500gib is more than enough for me. i have a comp with a 1tb and a ext with 1tb im building this one for mostly gaming XD and okie i'll start ordering these stuff asap

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
:D :D

Please let us know how things go.

Advertisements