Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan on vista

• Please log in to reply

ittti90

ittti90

• Pip
  • 4 posts
ok i found a trojan with a avg scan and then removed it then i kept getting redirected to other websites when clicking on links from google and the trojan kept coming back so i re installed vista on my laptop now i get the error dependancy service or group failed to start when trying to open a application and host process for windows has stopped working and i stil get re directed what else can i do oh and i run a virus scan and i dont have a virus or spyware help plzz =(

Edited by ittti90, 31 March 2011 - 08:47 PM.

Advertisements

ittti90

ittti90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
and it wont let me update windows when i try to i get error mesage windows could not search for new updates error(s) found code 8007041d

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

ittti90

ittti90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok thankyou :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and good luck. :D