Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer infected with "W32/Blaster.worm."

• Please log in to reply

aiya

aiya

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

It seems that my computer has been infected with a worm or virus of some sort. Every time i try to open task manager or any other program it does not let me and a small box pops up saying that my computer has been infected with "W32/Blaster.worm." and that i need to install "Spyware Protection".

Having encountered a few viruses already, I knew not to click on anything to do with the "Spyware Protection". However, when I tried to deal with it as I had other viruses by going to task manager and aborting the virus applications, it would not let me open it. It also did not let me open the programs i had installed previously to get rid of viruses. So I cannot access, not open anything.

Currently,I have created another admin user but have no clue what to do with this. I am pretty much hopeless with computers, so please help!

Advertisements

aiya

aiya

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
--edit--

I managed to get rid of the virus/ worm by running a system restore using the new administrator account I had created. After, I was able to log onto my account and run my SUPERAntiSpyware to completely rid my computer of whatever it was infected with. I also ran Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware just for reassurance. So my computer is now finally free of spyware :D.