Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Flight Simulator X error 1328.error

• Please log in to reply

sikorsky 14

sikorsky 14

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i need help installing microsoft Flight Simulator X my problem is i get an error message near the end of the install saying "FSX error 1328.error applying patch to file" it says more than that but i can remember the rest as i aborted the installation, if you need rest of the error message just tell me. Help please.

Advertisements

sikorsky 14

sikorsky 14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
actually i found the error again using start-run-eventvwr

the error code i recieved was:

Product: Microsoft Flight Simulator X -- Error 1328.Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PT980E.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor. System Error: -1072807676

sikorsky 14

sikorsky 14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i ended up solving it myself but this sollution might not work for you

first how i got the error was one of the scenery files were corrupted and i couldn't delete FSX anyway possible other then deleting the FSX file under microsoft games
this then lead to trying to re-install the game wich would give me this error

instructions:
put in disk 1
goto my computer and right click on the drive that contains fsx disk 1 and open it (explore contents or something)
look for and run the file setup.exe i think it is, run it as administrator
it took me 2 tries to get the installer to work as it would stop when it says running setup or something similar
i repeated step 3 again it then froze explorer, came up with a dialog saying restart explorer so i restarted explorer
it then came up with the installer and it actually worked, it ran then i clicked on remove
it removed all the fsx related files that i forgot to delete (registry keys etc)
i then repeated step 3 again instead this time it came up with install and remove i clicked on install
it began installing then came up with another error (forgot wich one)
i then took out the disk and cleaned it ( well i just licked my shirt and rubed it abit lol)
then repeated step 8 and it actually worked and i installed FSX

well thats my sollution anyway lol tell me if it works haha