Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dual OS boot

• Please log in to reply

moosa

moosa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
NEED HELP FOR DUAL OS BOOT.AFTER ISTALING OTHER OS ON MY SYTEM I DNT GET BOOT OPTION FOR MY OTHER OS AT START UP ITS JUST START NEW INSTALLED OS.PLZ HELP :D :D ;) :D

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Dual O/S XP and what pls.
Go Start run type msconfig.
On the boot.ini tab post a copy pls of the boot.ini.

It may be easier if you go Start, run type cmd. at the prompt on the window type "cd\" without quotes
You will then have a C:\ > prompt
now type "type boot.ini" without quotes

Screenshot it or type it in reply.
Screenshot
press print screen key
Start programs accessories paint, edit tab paste, File tab Save as, It will default to Bitmap, that is too large to attach select JPEG
On your reply use full editor and attach.

all dependant of course on what it now boots to

Edited by Macboatmaster, 01 April 2011 - 06:49 AM.

moosa

moosa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
its show only one os but i knw der is two os.coz i had boot win 7 and prblm occured.after boot wid win 7 i cant boot win xp so i installed window 7.and installed xp but still cant find my previous xp boot option .plz help here is screen shot

Attached Thumbnails

• 12.JPG

moosa

moosa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
correction

i had WIN XP.den i installed WIN 7 but after that cudn't boot WIN XP so i uninstalled WIN 7 and installed another WIN XP but still cant boot my previous WIN XP