Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TV output.

• Please log in to reply

C.stevens

C.stevens

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have just bought a new PC, on the website I bought it from it has a list of general information and specifications.

On that list it says "TV output, 1 x VGA analogue output". Is this where I can plug a Television coaxial cable into?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
It goes in the TV Output not the VGA port that is for the monitor.
Can you provide a link to the site were you purchased the computer.

C.stevens

C.stevens

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the reply, here is the link ot the PC I bought.

http://www.pcworld.c...647534-pdt.html

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Specs are not very helpful are they.
Have a look for a socket with RF in written on it, if there isn`t one it may be internet tv only.
Now we can see the PC is in an all in one it suggests that the other vga port is for an external
screen the same as a laptop.

C.stevens

C.stevens

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the reply, I think I have found the answer now.

When I bought the PC I was not interested and did not want to be able to use it as a Television but on the quick start instructions
(there was no manual) it has a diagram of a socket where a TV coaxial cable goes into but I could not find it anywhere on the PC.

I drove to PC world and had a look at the demo model there which also did not have that socket.
The guy there told me the quick start diagram goes with all similar models and the more expensive ones have this socket.
There is another model a couple of hundred pounds more expensive that has this facility.

I was just concerned that I was supposed to have this socket and maybe it was left off in the construction at the factory.
Sorry for the long explanation :D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
No worries and thank you for posting back with the update, two complaints I noticed
in the reviews that I read were 1: No user manual and 2: The on screen instructions.
A simple solution would be to state clearly that models may vary.

C.stevens

C.stevens

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
You are welcome.

Actually I searched high and low on google for reviews before buying but could not find any at all.
This was the first PC I had bought since 2001 so was a big deal for me.

Yes I really did expect a user manual but just got this fold out diagram type instructions showing the basics like
where to plug the power socket into :D
Just the obvious stuff really.

No OS discs either, I had to make recovery discs but I understand this is standard now in the UK.

I am pleased with the PC though, I am very limited for space as I have kept the old pc as I need both running for certain things.

All the best.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Cheers & enjoy the new PC.