Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Tell me what I don't need!

• Please log in to reply

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Here are all my programs in Add/Remove. Please tell me what I can uninstall or don't need.
Thank you!!PS I use faststone capture 3.5 which is a freeware to capture these screen shots!!

ScreenShot00003.jpg

ScreenShot00004.jpg

ScreenShot00005.jpg

ScreenShot00006.jpg

Edited by garybear, 02 April 2011 - 09:21 AM.

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Are you experiencing any issues wtih your computer? or are you just trying to get rid of programs that are not needed?

You have CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn. They essentially both do the same thing. So I don't see a need to have both of them installed. I would pick one to use and then uninstall the other.

I would definitely remove: Eusing Free Registry Cleaner & Eusing Free Registry Defrag & PowerTools Lite

There are no benefits in using a Registry Cleaner or a Registry Defrag.

They tend to cause more issues then they can ever solve.

You can read what some of the experts have to say about it.

Our Malware Expert miekiemoes posted the following on her blog.

Link: http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html

You can also view this post at WhatTheTech by Bill Castner.

Link: http://forums.whatth...272#entry418272

If you do not use Full Tilt Poker then I'd remove it.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hello! Thank you for your advise. I'm not having any problems. I mainly started this thread because another member posted a similar thread asking for advise and wanting to know if there was a way he could copy all his programs easily and post them on GTG. Sense I was chewed out for posting on his thread, I thought he might see this and ask how I was able to post all my programs, and then I could help him
I really do appreciate your advise and I'm not recommending any registry cleaners. I know how to use them, but they can be deadly for people that don't know what they are doing. PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY REGISTRY CLEANERS AND READ SWEETTECT'S WARNINGS. THEY WILL CAUSE YOU TROUBLE. DON'T USE THEM!!!!!

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
I'm a little confused then, why did you ask in your first post for assistance with determining what programs you could uninstall that are not needed. From the sounds of your post it doesn't seem like you are going to take any of my advice under consideration.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

I'm a little confused then, why did you ask in your first post for assistance with determining what programs you could uninstall that are not needed. From the sounds of your post it doesn't seem like you are going to take any of my advice under consideration.

Hello! I'm listening to your advise and will probably remove some of the programs you advised. I appreciate your advise and thank you for it. I also wanted to demonstrate how you can post your programs here on GTG. to get advise, which another member asked for in another thread.
Thank you for your reply!

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
This is the member's post that I'm referring to. I was hoping he would read my thread. Then I would be able to help. Is it against the rules for members to try and help other members on the forum???

http://www.geekstogo...ost__p__1975151

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hello ! Sense I seem to stay in trouble here. I might as well ask this question. When I have used up my quota for screen shots and I delete my old ones so I can post new screen shots; what happens when someone searches and finds this thread and the screen shot has been deleted?? The thread makes no sense with out the screen shot. I have already deleted some, and now my posts don't make sense. I want to help GTG and I'm not wanting to cause problems, but I do have questions, and once in a blue moon I even have a good answer.
Thank you!!
Garybear!!

PS Sense learning that I have a quota; I have been using fastsone photo re sizer, which is also freeware, to cut down on the size of my jpg's As of right now I still have 80% left. I do know a little about these things.

Edited by garybear, 02 April 2011 - 12:02 PM.

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts

Hello ! Sense I seem to stay in trouble here. I might as well ask this question. When I have used up my quota for screen shots and I delete my old ones so I can post new screen shots; what happens when someone searches and finds this thread and the screen shot has been deleted?? The thread makes no sense with out the screen shot. I have already deleted some, and now my posts don't make sense. I want to help GTG and I'm not wanting to cause problems, but I do have questions, and once in a blue moon I even have a good answer.
Thank you!!
Garybear!!

I'm not going to take the time to answer questions that you've already asked and received answers to. I don't understand why you insist on asking questions when you've already received an answer to them. The answers you receive aren't going to change between what you were told, and what I would tell you if I were to answer them.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

I'm not going to take the time to answer questions that you've already asked and received answers to. I don't understand why you insist on asking questions when you've already received an answer to them. The answers you receive aren't going to change between what you were told, and what I would tell you if I were to answer them.

Thank you for your reply!! It was more of a comment than a question. I was hoping for a better answer but, I can now work with the quota; as I now understand how it works and how to decrease the size of my screen shots. Yes admin gave me the answer and I have learned how I can deal with the quota If I remember right; he also gave me the thumbs up for catching the problem.
Thank you for your reply!!
I will see if I can find that post!

Here you go!!
http://www.geekstogo...ost__p__1987977

Edited by garybear, 02 April 2011 - 12:50 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Garybear....You have every right to post in a forum what you believe is help to resolve a OP's problem.

What you have done (and I have seen this a couple times already) is post and also ask a question.

Here are all my programs in Add/Remove. Please tell me what I can uninstall or don't need.

This tells me and everyone else looking at the post that you want help in what to uninstall.

It sounds like you are looking to create a How To on how to do screen shots. We already have one located HERE

We probably could use one that deals with the use of a screen capture program. Faststone Capture is a great program, but it has a lot of features that might confuse a lot of people. I would like to suggest Gadwin Printscreen Free It captures what you want in a multitude of ways including a rectangular area. It can be saved in numerous formats. It is just for screen captures.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Garybear....You have every right to post in a forum what you believe is help to resolve a OP's problem.

What you have done (and I have seen this a couple times already) is post and also ask a question.

This tells me and everyone else looking at the post that you want help in what to uninstall.

It sounds like you are looking to create a How To on how to do screen shots. We already have one located HERE

We probably could use one that deals with the use of a screen capture program. Faststone Capture is a great program, but it has a lot of features that might confuse a lot of people. I would like to suggest Gadwin Printscreen Free It captures what you want in a multitude of ways including a rectangular area. It can be saved in numerous formats. It is just for screen captures.

Hello! I only want to be a asset to GTG forum. I guess I don't always compose my threads as I should. I will try to do a better job in the future. FastStone is a little difficult to learn, but I really like it a lot. I probably picked the wrong title for my thread. I will agree that I could uninstall a few programs and I just might do that. FastStone lets you capture a scrolling screen most of the time. It wouldn't do it for Add/Remove and that's why all the screen shots.
Thank you for your reply

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Here's scrolling screen capture of my programs in Window Explorer with a little resizing and ect.with FastStone. A little hard to read , but readable. Trying to save space. Click on attachment to enlarge.

ScreenShot00008.jpg

I have a lot of things I would like to share with members here on GTG. I just haven't found a way to do it without up setting staff. I'm about to give up on this. I think not only to we have people wanting to ask questions ,but also to learn new things. That's why I joined??????????

Edited by garybear, 02 April 2011 - 04:10 PM.