Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

One Speaker Works; The Other Does Not

• Please log in to reply

d4buttons

d4buttons

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Dell Speakers. My right speaker has stopped working. My left one works fine. I have tried all the plugs and they seem fine. I was wondering if this means my right speaker is shot for good, or is there an easy way to fix it myself.

Thanks

D4

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
firstly, make sure it is the speaker that faulty, not something else. Either connect the speakers to another computer to test them, or to a walkman or the headphone jack on the front of your CD drive.

If it is definately the speaker then you would best off just getting a new pair.
If you really want to try & fix it, then open the speakers up & check for any loose connections in the wiring that need soldering. If the faulty speaker is fed from the working speaker, then check the connections inside that one as well. Don't forget to check for any damage to the speaker wires as well.