Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Malwarebytes Scan Locked Me Out - Google Redirect

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I sat down at my wife's machine last weekend and noticed that VIPRE was going nuts saying it was quarantining a series of trojan files so I let it do its thing. I then ran a Malwarebytes scan and it found 26 objects upon which it prompted me to reboot. Upon reboot, I couldn't log in so I went into safe mode and ran another Malwarebytes scan and Vipre quick scan which turned up nothing.

Once this was done, I tried to visit your site to post the log but was redirected and so tested some more random searches and was redirected also. I had to leave the problem then as I just now have some time to address it.

Today, I rebooted the machine, got to the safe mode screen but then the arrow keys wouldn't function - attempted this several times. So naturally I can't select safe mode and it boots into normal after so many seconds. Even though I knew if I could get to the safe mode screen the key board must be functioning, I nonetheless replaced the batteries but again no joy.

This machine was infected with a google redirect once before and was fixed by Rorschach.

I'm sending this post on my laptop.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
For help with malware removal please post here: http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

Malware help via any other forum is not allowed.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Please do as advised by phillipcorcoran

Go to this link

Read carefully the guide on that link before posting.
You will also see that if after 3 clear days you have not had a reply you may post in the waiting room.
Please be patient they are very busy in the Malware forum

Edited by Macboatmaster, 03 April 2011 - 01:35 PM.