Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Password for home Wi fi setup

• Please log in to reply

jalomba1

jalomba1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am unable to use my wifi at home because I have lost/forgotten the password.

Can I find the password somewhere on my system? or can I setup another wifi system at home?

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 17,335 posts
  • MVP
If it's the default password on the router:

http://www.routerpas...s.com/index.asp

If not then just Reset the router by holding down the RESET button on the back for 30 seconds (On some routers you need to use an unfolded paper clip to push the button which is down in a hole)

If it's the encryption on the link you are worried about, log into the router and it will usually tell you what you need to know.

Ron

jalomba1

jalomba1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ron, thanks.

I don't think it is the router password.

When Comcast put in the router, they gave my wifi connection a name and I picked the password, which I cannot remember. Was not a problem until I bought an Ipod Touch and need to get into my wifi network.

Could not find a reset botton on the Netgear router.

jan

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 17,335 posts
  • MVP
http://kb.netgear.co...d/9665/kw/reset