Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need to clean my computer.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cornfeed

cornfeed

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I 'm new here , but I'm not new to forums. My PC is slow and I know I don't have any infections. I'm looking for a program to clean my PC. Does geeksto go recommend sammsoft?? When I first visited the site , before logging in, there was a pop up for down loading sammsoft

The popup has been removed. That's strange!

Edited by cornfeed, 03 April 2011 - 03:03 PM.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Hello cornfeed.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :D :D :D

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you.

If I have the right link then sammsoft is a registry optimiser. We at Geeks to Go do not recommend the use of any registry cleaners or optimisers.

A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable. We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there. Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

Link to "Why not to use a Registry cleaner"

http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html

As far as I know I have never seen any popups on the Geeks to Go site.

We will need some more information

If this is a name brand system:
Make
Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Those pop ups are not seen by registered members and they are not associated with GTG in any way.
They are just like any you would see on Facebook, Twitter or any other site before registering and sometimes even after. The bottom of the first main forum page states the below:

Advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. Join to remove all ads. The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise. We make every attempt to ensure that the help and advice posted is accurate and will not cause harm. However, we do not guarantee that they are accurate and they are to be used at your own risk. All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners.

cornfeed

cornfeed

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Runner. The link has been removed to sammsoft. It was a pop up that greeted visitors. I don't know why Geeks to Go was recommending it to visitors. I Googled sammsoft and it didn't look very good to me. I'm glad it's not a pop up any longer. I don't think it's very good software. What really puzzles me is that it's gone and no longer recommended by Geeks to GO. I have discovered my problem. It was a program I down loaded. I restored to an earlier time and my PC is back to normal. Thanks!! Very weird about that pop up, but I'm glad it no longer greets visitors. I'm going to look around a little!!

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,228 posts

Thanks Runner. The link has been removed to sammsoft. It was a pop up that greeted visitors. I don't know why Geeks to Go was recommending it to visitors............

If you read rshaffer61's post#3 above, it is clear that GeeksToGo doesn't endorse any advertisements. Turning Pop-Up blocker on from within the IE browser might stop the annoying little buggers from showing up. Alternately, you could use the FireFox browser, with the NoScript addon installed and eliminate almost all pop ups. If the pop up uses a script, NoScripts will catch it. And FireFox also has a built in pop up blocker.

jburd1800

jburd1800

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Re-read post #3....... once you logged in the trash was gone.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Topic closed member banned.