I already have my case/power supply purchased and plan on purchasing the rest within the next 2 weeks. Please feel free to critique but keep in mind that I would like to stay within the planned budget of around $750 for the remaining parts.
Here's the setup I plan on rolling with:
Raidmax Smilodon ATX-612wb Case - Purchased
Raidmax 730watt power supply - Purchased
ASUS EVO AM3 sata 6gb/s ATX Mobo - $110
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2ghz - $200
Ripjaws 8gb ddr3 1600 ram - $100
MSI geforce gtx560ti(fermi) 1gb twin frozr/OC - $250
WD 500gb 7200 rpm Sata 6gb/s IHD - $60
18x dvd-rom sata Lite-on - $20
I also have some additional questions(sorry this ended up being a little more lengthy than I had expected):
1. Would I take any performance hits if I were to mix and match an amd cpu with an nvidia graphics card?? I only ask because I usually only see intel processors matched with nvidia graphics and amd processors matched with radeon graphics.
2. Is the mobo I chose sufficient for my gaming needs or should I dish out some more money?? Can I get SLI with this mobo if I later decide to purchase another card or does it only support crossfire(being an amd board)??
3. Am I correct in my understanding that I can plug my home theater system (which has the same looking optical port) into my mobo through the "Optical S/PDIF out"? It's a 6-7 yr old onkyo sound system that still blows me away, cost $1100 at the time of purchase. Just the thought of hearing my PC through the system gives me chills.
4. I currently have a version of windows xp home laying around. I am going to try and get my hands on windows 7 but I'm really not looking to pay $200 or pirate it. Would I be able to sufficiently run all my components on XP? or would they take performance hits? I do plan on getting windows 7 in time.
5. Should I pick up a better hard drive with more rpm for my gaming needs or does the hard drive really matter as long I have enough space?
currently looking at: http://www.newegg.co...7&SID=u00000687
6. Do I need anything besides a Dvd-rom for running games?? I don't know much about blue-ray but I'm assuming that's only referring to movies?? I may add a burner later but that's not really a priority atm.
7. Have you ever had to buy additional cables outside of what came with the different parts?
Edited by Brandon874, 04 April 2011 - 04:05 AM.