Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tips n Tricks?

• Please log in to reply

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Hi geeks and software creators.

I got a request which I couldn't find an answer for anywhere else.
Since Win7 there is this annoying behavior of the taskbar that when multiple, for example, msn chatwindows gather, you need to click the group-button first and then select the window you want to go to.
I wonder where I could adjust this behavior into going to the active window upon double-clicking the group-button. Maybe even a single click.

The reason is simple. Try it yourself, have a triple-monitor setup, and keep open the contacts you talked with today, just put them on the third monitor and there literally is no reason to close them. Untill Win7 came along and practically forced me to either go nuts or UNgroup all of them. Which is a headache on it's own, considering I got a vertical taskbar... Meaning it fills up incredibly fast because of lower vertical resolutions on monitors.

I believe that the registry is the answer, since everything I ever wanted to accomplish could be done with the registry. (EVEN the replacement of the text "Start" on the startbutton in WinXP)
But because I know Micro$oft's behavior better than the back of my hand, I am unsure whether I am right this time.
Do I need to write some code for my wishes to be reality?

Attached Thumbnails

• Naamloos.png

Advertisements