Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Fails to load: STOP 0x7B; HAL.dll; other

• Please log in to reply

lordoxford

lordoxford

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I ran AVG for years before deciding to pay for the service. As far as I can recall there were two options - I bought the best - I can't recall its actual name. As you know I can't run the machine to get its proper title. I know I need to pay again in June and I shall still consider it worthwhile to run Spybot.

I'm still getting irrelevant AVIRA emails on this borrowed machine - two or three a day!

Whatever - it was clearly right up to date when the scams occurred and it missed them and the code may still be on the machine so, as I said, I'll re-visit your colleagues in "Malware removal".

A couple of hours ago I did just that. Starting a new topic, I entered the description, environment, problems etc. When I hit the "Post" button I lost the lot. I'll try again.

Advertisements

lordoxford

lordoxford

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
OK Man, time to get off that Honolulu board, come out of that warm sea and taste the coffee. I attach the tail end of one of the half-dozen mails I get from AVG daily onto this borrowed dinosaur. I'm sure all my data are intact I even ran an old DOS draughting program last night, having booted from a floppy. I'll go to your malware colleagues later today. See ya.
lox..Attached File  AVIRA.txt   307bytes   95 downloads

Edited by lordoxford, 22 April 2011 - 03:58 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you can fix the Avira email problem by marking them as spam..TA-DAA