Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new mobo and new cpu both breaking my....

• Please log in to reply

juliox

juliox

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello every one,

I'm new here but you will see me and my bad gramar from now on ;) !!

Well i bought a new presHOT p4 3.0Gzh cpu and a Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, now i was thinking that my new pc was going to get OC to 3.8 with a uber xp-120 and a l33t 120mm antec jet engine fan ;) . However both things failed miserably at the tasks.

Ok let me fill you in quickly i have a p4 2.66 7XX ram 2300, 9600se, and 400w PWS from compusa i think. now is no killer machine but is great i love it. The cpu is a 865 dinasty: P4-865PE Ultra or MAX i do not know because the manual has the 2 names on it >_> cheap [bleep] hehehe.

now going back to my new rig, i conected all the comoponents listed above to the new cpu and mobo and when i click on the turn on buton i get nothing... ive made 8 rigs sofar and this is the first one that dosen't turn on at all so i said lets go mexican estile and use a screwdriver to conect the power pins to see if the pc will power on. Nop din't work i know all the components are working because i use them for my normal rig. so that made me think... the mobo is dead but halas!!! the mobo has a little led that turns green when i conect the PSU so i'm in the limbo not knowing whats up. I think the panel where all the conectors go maybe dead so i will ask for a RMA tuesday. thats that :)

Now going to my new CPU the 3.0 presscot I installed this redhotchillypeper on my old rig and now it turns on no erros no halts no nothing but!!! yes there is allways a but with me and new things sigh... i get no video signal!!! my monitor stays ambar it dosent even flash. so this leads me to 2 conclucions i got shafted... or i got con... no really :tazz: i have no idea of what's going on. The only time I got an error like this was when my PSU moved to 230 instead of 115.... any ideas guys? everithing is conected it works 100% with the 2.66 presHOT but dosent show any display with the 3.0 presHOT :) i'm so angry i dont know what to do my room is a mess now i tried 4 diferent video cards 3 rams sticks 2 PSU with this cpu and nothing worked i read somewhere something about uping the Vcor to 1.7 but im not that smart so i have no idea what they are talking about >< does it mean that the 3.0 wants more vcor power? also some dude told me that maybe the mobo was triying to sinc the cpu and card speeds this dosent make sence to me but he seemed smart... any sugestions?

thanks in advance and sorry for the horrible spelling and grammar im spanish >< and writing from my laptop wich has no microsoftword to help me check it.

Edited by juliox, 28 May 2005 - 08:35 PM.

Advertisements

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
Re: your old rig with a different processor - clear CMOS. Some boards also require first boot after this - BIOS be set to optimum, most boards will like default BIOS settings better. Do your real BIOS tweaking the second time around - just concentrate on booting on the first pass.

:tazz:

Edited by Rockster2U, 28 May 2005 - 10:18 PM.

juliox

juliox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
umm thanks for reading my huge post ><!! clear the bios you say and the install the new chip and restart brilliant!! will try that and reporttomorrow thx

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
juliox:

Close, but ..........

Power down and disconnect power cord, install the 3.0, clear CMOS - (disconnect ATX power header from MoBo, move CMOS jumper from 1&2 to 2&3, wait 10-15 seconds, rejumper on 1&2, reconnect ATX power header), plug power cord back in & boot into BIOS (usually DEL key), reset to defaults, F10 out and move on to regular boot. You might also want to bone up on BIOS settings by reading your MoBo manual.

Edited by Rockster2U, 29 May 2005 - 04:12 AM.

juliox

juliox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
um well i tried what you sayd but got the same answer. everything turns on but no display signal and no bips bips. i was reading my manaul and i t says it suports up to 3.06 depending on cihpset but the internet says that it suport 3.2ghz and up. so im guessing i need to update my bios a this will be [bleep] :tazz:!! well off i go to see if i can do it.

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
If your current BIOS doesn't support that CPU you'll have to re-Install your old one in order to flash your BIOS.

Good Luck.

juliox

juliox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
well i did what you said Rockster2U. however i had no luck sitll got the same results i veen updated my bios to the latest version. well i guess i will have to get a new mobo. thanks for your help Rockster2U :tazz:

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts

i veen updated my bios to the latest version

Great - Glad to learn your machine lives.

Edited by Rockster2U, 30 May 2005 - 07:27 PM.

juliox

juliox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Great - Glad to learn your machine lives.

View Post

yes i was shaking and sweating like crazy while the hitng was geting flashed ><!!