Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Safe Eyes application installation crashes PC

• Please log in to reply

dreadpiratedaz2

dreadpiratedaz2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My PC is stuck at the 'Please wait' screen in the bootup for windows vista. This happens also when I switch to 'safe mode' and 'safe mode with networking' after giving it a hard boot a few times. I am not really qualified to go to the c:\ and start fiddling around.

It happened after I loaded up a filter application called Safe Eyes. At the end of the installation process an error message came up: it mentioned a 'fatal error' and something to do with a filter application (another application? Avast and Adaware are also on my computer), and being unable to load some dll file. I ignored it like a idiot and hit reboot. It has been stuck ever since at the Please wait screen for vista. It automatically tries to reboot itself but its still stuck and useless.

I need my computer for my home business so - if poss - would appreciate some help today. Tech support doesn't open for Safe Eyes in another 5 hours as I'm in the UK and I'll need to see 2 clients by then. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers
Darren

Advertisements

dreadpiratedaz2

dreadpiratedaz2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
HI,
just control of my PC back and removed safe eyes. Will wait for safe eyes tech support to help.
cheers anyway

Darren