Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop stuck in a boot loop - Help please.

• Please log in to reply

brettxw

brettxw

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Hey guys,

I'm trying to fix my aunts laptop. It is an Asus with 1gb RAM (thats all I know about specs). When you hit the power button it runs through everything and goes to the XP logo loader image. It shows progress and then the screen goes blank and very quickly I noticed that it shows the top portion of the blue screen error screen and then it shuts down and restarts itself over again. I tried starting it in safe mode and it produces the same issue. I tried using "last known configuration" and still get the same issue. I took the stick of RAM out and put it back in and still does it. So, I'm running out of ideas and I am hoping you guys would be able to help me.

Thank you!

Advertisements

mysoul

mysoul

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Hi there,when you were in safe mode,did you go to 'start>control panel>system clicked on 'advanced'then on the 'start up and recovery' clicked on the button next to it,
if so you could 'uncheck'the mark next to 'start system automatically'
then reboot.
That should fix the problem of 'auto restarts' and will give you time to read the bsod.

Edited by mysoul, 06 April 2011 - 01:59 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
  • Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
  • Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
  • Click Enter to disable it
  • The system should reboot and if not then do so.
  • When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

Gamer1179

Gamer1179

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I het the same thing with my Sony VGN-NR430E. I need help. Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Gamer1179 I have replied in your topic with the same steps for the BSOD error. Please reply there so we do not get confused on what suggestions we make.