Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound

• Please log in to reply

nerdTalib

nerdTalib

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone. I have a pc running on windows xp, i installed a sound card and the drivers, and a LG DVD writter last year, it worked fine until last week, when i play a movie or music from the dvd drive the is a whiring and clicking sound coming out of the speakers. I unistalled all the peripheral devices and installed them again coz i thought maybe the sound card was nt seated correctly or the dvd drive was not connected properly. Bt still the problem hasnt go away. If i play movies or music on my HDD it plays jus fine. Im sure the fault is with the dvd drive. I hv checked my devices on device manager it shows the dvd drive, and is working properly. Plz help im out of ideas nw, how 2 fix ths problem.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Insert the xp CD or any data CD/DVD and see if you have a read error reported.
OR put in the music CD that is causing the problem and see if FROM THAT CD it will copy the files to the hard drive.