Hi and thanks for the update.
Is ComboFix still on your desktop or not? Reason asking is because the aforementioned has a specific methodology to be uninstalled correctly. As for your query it appears you machine was infected with what is know as a rogue application, specifically Antimalware Doctor.
Anyway lets proceed as follows shall we...Windows 7 Advice:
All applications I ask to be used will require to be run in Administrator mode. IE: Right click on and select Run as Administrator
The Operating System in use comes with a inbuilt utility called User Access Control(UAC)
when prompted by this with anything I ask you to do carry out please select the option Allow
.Before we start:
Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start. Scan with OTL:
Please download OTL
and save it to your Desktop.
Alternate downloads are here
- Right-click on OTL.exe and select Run as Administrator to start OTL.
- Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
- Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
- Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
- Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
- When done, two Notepad files will open.
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
- Please post the contents of these 2 Notepad files in your next reply.
When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:
- How is your computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
- Both OTL logs. <-- Post them individually please, IE: one Log per post/reply.