Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 anti-spyware 2011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

aimi

aimi

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
okay here's a thing:

i logged on to the main admin account and a pop up screen showed up saying 'action centre: win 7 anti-sypware 2011'
it shows me the number of files infected and that i need to purchase the upgrade. i obviously know it's a [bleep] spyware so i ran my avast antivirus scan. it was scanning, until i decided to stop it, restart the computer and then run the antivirus (an action i clearly regret).

and now, when i logged in, i can't open any programs: no avast, no internet, no anti-malwares, nothing. i read on how to remove this spyware and one of the solution says run the anti-malware software. i have that in my pc, but there's not much point as it doesn't even open.
so i came here and try to look for solutions. i downloaded viprerescue8945 but the software doesnt open up in that account either. I also tried opening programs in safe mode but it didn't work.

I would also like to point out that apparently, its only the main admin account that's affected. im currently using the other admin account and it seemed to work fine. i can open programs, antivirus, anti-malware and internet. so the first thing i did was running the anti-malware software and the results showed 'no threats found'. so i logged out and went back to the main admin account but the spyware is still there.

what can i do? i transferred some of the important files to my dropbox account (hopefully the files stay there, even if the files from the computer gets corrupted).

and no jargon please. i'm a newbie at pc- i dont really have much knowledge about the technical words.

Edited by aimi, 08 April 2011 - 12:16 AM.

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Hi

Welcome to Geekstogo. I'll be helping you with this problem.

• Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described. I would recommend printing them out, if you can, as you can check off each step as you complete it. If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.

• Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you

Download RogueKiller to your desktop

• Quit all running programs
  • For Vista/Seven, right click -> run as administrator, for XP simply run RogueKiller.exe
  • When prompted, type 1 and press enter
  • The RKreport.txt shall be generated next to the executable.
  • If the program is blocked, do not hesitate to try several times. If it really does not work (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe or svchost.exe
Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your next Reply.

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.