Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How do I reset or reprogram my flash memory

• Please log in to reply

Quickeyez

Quickeyez

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have a system here that doesn't complete POST. Initially I thought it was the system wasn't booting because of my HD boot sector, but after a carefully looking into it I realised there may be a probl;em with my flash memory.

The info for the flash memory are as follows:

PMC Flash
B7Q37
Pm29F002T-12JC

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Can you get into the bios? It could be the battery died.

Guest_yezpahr_*

Guest_yezpahr_*
AI!!! I wouldn't touch that with a six foot pole!! I really wouldn't!! Get a pro for this. Messing with the BIOS can give a result that you really don't want, like the system will NEVER boot again. My uncle once trashed his motherboard trying to fix it. He wanted to update his BIOS too, but when he started to back-up his stuff, he forgot to place some harddisk codes on paper and when he was prompted to enter the harddisk recognition code, he couldn't remember it. He could throw away his BIOS. Though, I have NEVER heard that this could be dangerous, because I am replacing harddisks all the time... It was probably the code that the MOTHERBOARD uses to recognize the Harddisk. Then the BIOS has to know them too.... in order to communicate??? :tazz: Just guessing here. Maybe I convinced you to get a pro for this sort of stuff.

Quickeyez

Quickeyez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Austin are you still online?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Won't post? You didn't answer my question. Can you get into the bios? Do you have an owners manual for your system? How about a motherboard manual or do you know the make and model so you can get a manual on line? If you have a problem with no post and you suspect flash, these are steps you could take. It could be the battery died. My manuals tell me how to change the battery on my systems....