Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook pst file deleted

• Please log in to reply

Angelo Sartore

Angelo Sartore

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
hi there again,
After the virus eradication last week, the PC was working quite nicely. We have changed to Firefox as out internet browser & all was just fine. Thanks again for your help.
Last Tuesday night I booted the computer, logged into my user profile to find my desktop showing a black screen with all my icons around the perimeter of the screen as normal, but no photo taking up most of the middle of the screen. I didn't think too much of it, reinstated the photo onto my desktop & then proceeded to check my emails. I use Mailwasher to scan any incoming emails for spam. this program checks & scans all incoming mail & any addresses that are suspect or have been previously 'blacklisted' are flagged & deleted prior to handing them over to Microsoft Outlook. During this process, I discovered Microsoft Outlook was telling me my profile had been erased. That's all saved emails, all calendar entries & all contacts. At the same time my iPhone was connected to the PC & it had all contacts & calendar systematically erased as well. I looked at my 'C:\Documents and Settings\Angelo\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook' folder to find it was empty. I attempted to perform a system restore, only to find the 'C' drive was not available for System Restore! It had been turned off. I logged out of my profile & logged on into my wife's profile, she is an administrator, looked at my directory from there, only to see the same thing - an empty folder. Ar the time, I had to reply to some emails urgently, so I created another profile for my emails in Outlook, used my old Blackberry phone to reinstate my contacts & calendar, which was a month out of date, as I have recently changed mobile phone contracts to another provider & have a new phone. After that I scoured a few forums to see if I could retrieve my emails somehow without any luck. So I have managed to recreate the contacts list & calendar entries & start a new email directory for keep track of email conversations. This evening, I booted the PC to find the EXACT same thing has occurred. A Black screen with with all the icons on the perimeter as normal but no photo & again, my Outlook profile directory empty! This time my phone was not connected to the PC, so nothing has been erased there. iTunes is not as customisable as Blackberry Desktop Manager, so I don't think I will able to sync the contacts & calendar if Outlook is empty - or can I?!!
I have run OTL & I have pasted the log files.

Any Guidance here, would be greatly appreciated

Angelo Sartore

Advertisements