Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PIC-e Graphics Cards

• Please log in to reply

Rocketman1Dave

Rocketman1Dave

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have a new computer i have just bought and do not have a stand alone graphics card i only have the integrated one that came with the computer and for me, i am looking to run high graphic games and am in the market for a new graphics card. my computer supports a PCI-e x16 interface for a graphics card, i was looking around and have found this card XFX GeForce 6600 256-MB 256-bit DDR at New egg i was wondering if somone new of any other graphics card for a PCI-e x16 or if the one i have found is a good choice, and if not what you might recomend.

Thanks, i am not to well versed in the area of video cards.

Edited by Rocketman1Dave, 28 May 2005 - 10:55 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Can you give us an example of the games you want to run?

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
if on a budget that is awesome for the price. best buy had a similar one on sale today for the holiday only $80 in the cleveland area don't know about anywhere else. If you can afford it i would get a 512mb card (very expensive)

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
this one is good too
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130215
uses DDR3 instead of DDR Better and not quite as expensive as the 512mb

Rocketman1Dave

Rocketman1Dave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts