Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you make a hack to make the print spooler start in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK try running a new Pc Pitstop because your link does not show that Nic card. It is possible it has updated already.

I notice that I have 1 like for my post 28. Did you give that to me rs? Just wondering...

Nope not sure who gave that to you. :)

Advertisements

leader2

leader2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

OK try running a new Pc Pitstop because your link does not show that Nic card. It is possible it has updated already.

I notice that I have 1 like for my post 28. Did you give that to me rs? Just wondering...

Nope not sure who gave that to you. :)

Ok here you go...
http://pcpitstop.com...?conid=24334672

Thanks for letting me know rs about the like. How many likes can you give out a day? And I noticed you have an excellent ranking. Is there a place on this site where I can read about likes and the their rankings? Thanks.

Noob_B_Fershur

Noob_B_Fershur

• Pip
  • 8 posts
>>>>I notice that I have 1 like for my post 28. Did you give that to me rs? Just wondering...<<<<

Guilty as charged. Buuuttt...........Actually I mistakenly gave it to leader2 :) was meant for RS. I've been lurking a long time watching topics to build my own little "library" of fixes. The like was for the PC Pitstop thing.

Carry on soldiers.
Da Nooob

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem Noob and I appreciate it.
The like button is just to say thanks in a way to the member or staff that gave a good post with advise.

OK leader2 now all the drivers you see on the pc pitstop fix page starting from the audio you can download and install. Hopefully this will correct some of the issues.

leader2

leader2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

No problem Noob and I appreciate it.
The like button is just to say thanks in a way to the member or staff that gave a good post with advise.

OK leader2 now all the drivers you see on the pc pitstop fix page starting from the audio you can download and install. Hopefully this will correct some of the issues.

I tried to dl the sound drivers and this message popped up....

Access to download links and release notes is restricted to registered users.

ALL NEW PC Pitstop Driver Alert 2.0

ALL NEW! DriverMatic
Automatically download and install drivers for your PC.
Scheduler
Schedule scans on any PC from any PC.
Drivers Made Easy
Scan your PCs once, and receive a monthly report of all your PCs and all your drivers.
Scans Are Free
Whether you opt for Driver Alert Notification Service, our scans are always free.
Informative and Easy
Simple to use with many built in help buttons to guide you through the application.

Introducing DriverMatic - automatically download and install drivers using Driver Alert's DriverMatic feature.
Drivers are the basic software that allow other applications to talk with your hardware devices. Just like other software applications, many drivers are frequently updated to eliminate bugs and add new features.
With DriverMatic we have standardized the packaging of the drivers, so that a new driver can be installed with the click of a button. No more reading README.TXT or installation instructions. Just click on the button, we take care of the rest. Now that drivers have been standardized, you can also automatically keep your drivers up to date in the background.

It then asked me to pay 29.99. How do I get the updated drivers for free rs? Can the Nic card be updated as well?

And you forgot to answer this question...

How many likes can you give out a day? And I noticed you have an excellent ranking. Is there a place on this site where I can read about likes and the their rankings? Thanks.

Edited by leader2, 02 May 2011 - 06:37 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

How many likes can you give out a day? And I noticed you have an excellent ranking. Is there a place on this site where I can read about likes and the their rankings? Thanks

First questions is you can issue as many likes as you want but they are restricted to individual posts. In other words you can only like a post once.
The purpose is to award a member or staff for a post that helps you.
The reading about them I am not sure about.
As for the driver try HERE
Click on the High Definition Audio Codecs and agree to the next page.
You want the first file in the list.

leader2

leader2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

How many likes can you give out a day? And I noticed you have an excellent ranking. Is there a place on this site where I can read about likes and the their rankings? Thanks

First questions is you can issue as many likes as you want but they are restricted to individual posts. In other words you can only like a post once.
The purpose is to award a member or staff for a post that helps you.
The reading about them I am not sure about.
As for the driver try HERE
Click on the High Definition Audio Codecs and agree to the next page.
You want the first file in the list.

Thanks for the information about the likes rs. I updated the audio driver. What would you like me to do next?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm trying to find the USB controller driver now.
I have tried but have forgotten what your system is. Is it a brand name like Dell or HP?
If so what is the make and model.
If not what make and model is the mobo.

leader2

leader2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
My computer is a HP pavillion p6140f. Is there anymore information you need? Just tell me where to find it and I will give it to you. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK i don't know if this will work but go HERE and get the Original Intel Chipset Driver in the Driver Original area.
I believe this is the driver you need.
Please make sure the operating box above this says Windows Vista 64 bit before downloading anything.

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
rshaffer61, you probably misunderstood the word "hack".

Let's go straight to the point with your problem first:
There is a site here that does the exact thing you want.

Be warned that I have not tested this yet. You might want to consult someone first.

Then
Download Autoruns from here
  • Extract the contents of Autoruns.zip (by right clicking).
  • Double click autoruns.exe.
  • Press Esc until the program is ready.
  • Click Options at the top, then click Verify Image Signature.
  • Click File > Refresh.
  • Click File > Save and save the file as AutoRuns.txt.
  • Attach the AutoRuns.txt to your next reply.

Edited by devper94, 03 May 2011 - 10:34 PM.

leader2

leader2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Ok rs I installed the Intel chipset driver. How should we proceed from there?

Thanks devper94 for your understanding on this issue. But exactly how do I this in the registry? Please tell me how to proceed, because the instructions to me are unclear. How do I go to regedit and install this? Thanks. :)

Edited by leader2, 05 May 2011 - 11:22 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Waiting on Devper94 to respond but in the meantime can you do the following please.
Please Go to

1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

leader2

leader2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Waiting on Devper94 to respond but in the meantime can you do the following please.
Please Go to

1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

I have attached the picture as you requested. Please tell me how you wish to proceed. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• devmgmt.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok now all drivers look good.
Have you done the Autoruns log per Devper94 ?
If not let me repost the instructions.
Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.